Since its founding in 1972, Service Program for Older People has helped thousands of New Yorkers to age with dignity. SPOP was one of the first agencies in the U.S. to focus on meeting the mental health needs of older adults living in the community and pioneered the delivery of in-home treatment.
Service Program for Older People (SPOP) is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of adults age 55 and older and to fostering their independent living through the delivery of comprehensive mental health and supportive services, advocacy, and education.
- Comprehensive mental health treatment for adults age 55 and older
- Bereavement support for adults of all ages, offered free of charge
- Specialized substance use counseling for adults with a primary diagnosis of mental illness and a secondary diagnosis of substance use disorder
- PROS/Personalized Recovery Oriented Services for adults with severe mental illness
- Home visits for clients who are deemed homebound
- Appointments at designated senior centers in Manhattan
Please call 212-787-7120 x514 to learn more.
Counseling offered in Spanish and other languages.