Since its founding in 1972, Service Program for Older People has helped thousands of New Yorkers to age with dignity. SPOP was one of the first agencies in the U.S. to focus on meeting the mental health needs of older adults living in the community and pioneered the delivery of in-home treatment.
Service Program for Older People (SPOP) is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of adults age 55 and older and to fostering their independent living through the delivery of comprehensive mental health and supportive services, advocacy, and education.
- Comprehensive mental health care
- Individual or group therapy
- Coordination of physical and mental health care
- Specialized counseling following an illness or hospitalization
- Medication management
- Bereavement support
- Specialized substance abuse counseling
- A Personalized Recovery Oriented Program for adults with a history of mental illness
- House calls for those who are unable to travel for appointments
Please call 212-787-7120 x514 to learn how SPOP can help you or a loved one.
Counseling offered in Spanish, French, Mandarin and Korean.